We can help explain and enroll you in health insurance coverage anywhere in the state of Florida. Below you can get quotes or learn about how Obamacare works. We're always here to help, so please contact us if you have any questions or need assistance.
Click below for fast, free Marketplace quotes from multiple carriers:
Click below for other insurance quotes (Short Term, Vision, Dental, Etc)
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) can be confusing, so here are the basics:
1. There is a penalty for not enrolling in a Qualifying Health Plan (QHP) if you are qualified. The penalty is for each adult and child in the household and increases significantly each year.
2. There are no pre-existing condition restrictions on QHPs. You cannot be turned down, or pay higher premiums due to any medical condition.
3. Depending on income and family size, you may qualify for a subsidy that helps you pay your monthly premium
4. All QHPs have a deductible and a limit on out-of-pocket expenses. Those that qualify for a subsidy may also have reduced copays, deductibles and maximum out-of-pocket expenses.
5. You have to decide what level of coverage you want. Generally, the higher the level of coverage, the more expensive the policy.
The levels of coverage are broken down in metallic levels:
6. Any qualifying health plan under the ACA must, at a minimum, provide the following services:
“Health Insurance Explained – The YouToons Have It Covered,” The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, accessed 07/07/2016, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-58VD3z7ZiQ&feature=youtu.be